Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries
Here you will find information on different Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries students of the CNS can apply for
Legacy Scholarship $1000.00
The successful candidate for this scholarship will be the child or grandchild of a graduate of the General Hospital School of Nursing, pursuing his/her Nursing education program leading to a BN, MN or PhD Nursing.
All applications MUST include the following:
- A statement of career goals & professional goals.
- A resume which includes a list of current & past related work and volunteer committees.
- Documentation that parent or grandparent is a graduate of the General Hospital School of Nursing.
- Proof of acceptance into educational program of study for which the scholarship is being sought.
- Any other secondary education transcripts (e.g. high school transcript for first year nursing education program applicant).
- A statement regarding any sources of financial assistance received for this academic year (i.e. Scholarships, bursaries, grants, or paid leave).
- Two letters from referees (not related) who have known the applicant a minimum of one year.
All of the above criteria must be met to be eligible. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Deadline for application to be submitted September 23, 2019. Forward complete application to:
General Hospital School of Nursing Alumni
PO Box 28196
48 Kenmount Road
St. John’s NL Canada
CRNnl Scholarships (The College of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador)
Scholarships are available to students enrolled in Years 2, 3 & 4 of the basic BN program via this link https://www.arnnl.ca/trust/bachelor-nursing-scholarships
Department of Health and Community Services:
Bursaries and Incentives for Licensed Practical Nurses and Person Care Attendants
Department of Advanced Education and Skills:
Skills Development Funding
The S.A. Grace General Hospital School of Nursing Alumnae awards up to two $750.00 scholarships annually to eligible persons (as per the application criteria) who are currently undertaking part time or full time studies towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in nursing. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Bursaries, Scholarships, and Awards
Enriching Canada by advancing Indigenous achievement
Indspire helps thousands of Indigenous students complete their education. We can help you too.